Monday, July 4, 2016

Six Months Gone

Six months ago today (on January 4th) I boarded a plane in San Francisco with a one way ticket to India, and I have not looked back. I made a leap into the unknown with full faith that whatever awaited me was where I was meant to be and what I was meant to experience.


Two things have become very clear in these six months gone:

1. Letting go of expectation unleashes magic--all that blank space will be filled in with things better than you could have imagined.

2. I have been blown away with how different all the places I've been so far are from what I'd always heard about them. This is the magic of traveling--seeing for yourself what these places are all about and what they can bring out in you.


When I arrived here on Otres Beach I was stunned at how deserted it was--long desolate stretches of beach with nothing but trees and clean sand and clear water. The monsoon rains not yet set in making it truly feel like a deserted island--though I'm not on an island and there are still a few guesthouses and food shacks up and running at either end of the beach and in the tiny village that 3 years ago didn't exist. No yoga studios or workshops or classes to take, no night life to explore, no winding streets or alleyways to get lost down. Where have I landed?


I have landed in the perfect place to reflect on these past six months. I have nothing to get involved in, I have no distractions, there's no intense energy to move through nor too many things to choose from. I really wasn't sure why I chose low season Cambodia to spend this month--now that I'm here, I know.


Deciding to take the leap into the unknown has been the best decision I've made in my entire life. And each time I get on a plane or train or bus I take another leap and always land where I need to be. I don't know where things will go from here, but I do know that I can never go back to the kind of life I came from. And the only plan I have is to keep moving forward toward the light.


Do you ever take the time to reflect on your life--on the choices you've made, where they have gotten you, and where you'd like to see them take you? Have you ever hit a milestone and really thought back on how far you've come? 

No comments:

Post a Comment