Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Stirring

The stirring begins as a small rumble under the surface. The shifting of a tectonic plate. Non-existent doors slamming a little too hard. 2018 got my attention pretty quickly. A lot of strange input. No time to process. My distant and not so distant past slammed up against my present. Big lessons in soul contracts and soul missions. Attachment and detachment. Alignment and misalignment. How I use and protect my vital energy and how to fully live from a place of intention and light.

Sadie, Bard, and I slowly walked around the grounds of Wat Pong Noi, looping the temples like a labyrinth. Trying to answer the questions: Who are you and what do you do? Because these questions make all the difference, these questions shape the future. The Universe listens.


I can't say for sure how many times we had looped when an old monk standing outside his hut sweeping leaves first invited us onto his porch for water and bananas then moments later invited us into his home for a New Year's blessing. He gave us each old antique Thai coins for good luck and prayed for us.

This was not an insignificant, random moment. It is not insignificant to be blessed by a monk in his home. It is not insignificant to be reminded by a psychic energy healer days later that when we don't align with our soul's purpose we will suffer again and again. And when we do align with our soul's mission, we can deal with karmic lessons and those things out of our control with much more grace and faith.


It has become clear over this past year that Chiang Mai is a place where people end up who need to align with their purpose. People end up here to accomplish those things they never could anywhere else in the world. The gentle energy pulsating through these city streets and jungle paths work on cultivating those parts of you most needed in the world. Points of light are brought here to gain the strength they need to move through the world with intention and grace and faith.

The people I've met and the things I have seen and experienced and learned since I've been here could not have happened anywhere else. Or at least not with such power to force me to re-examine and re-align with the questions: Who am I and what do I do?


If 2016 was all about impermanence and 2017 was all about grounding and ritual, what does 2018 hold? I already know. I've felt it coming for months now. Part of me is sad everything will soon be changing again. Part of me is excited for new opportunities and growth. To align with your soul's mission sometimes means to let go of things that you know deep down aren't in alignment with who you are and who you're meant to be. Sometimes letting go means holding ritual and making it official, letting the shadows fall behind us so we can fully step into our light.


My path has been one of twists and turns and constant change, a stirring and a push. With each step and each turn and each so called set back, it has always been exactly where I needed to be to take the next step toward the light.

Who are you and what do you do? Does your answer align with your Truth? Are you fully embracing it and living it?

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sarah. I love your posts. I miss you in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you 😄 I miss you too! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Beautifully composed! Very inspiring. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah, you could definitely make a living as a writer, motivational speaker, even a life coach! So inspired by your words as I begin my own new adventures into the Land of Retirement soon and diving into to my own writing all over again! Love from Robin in Santa Cruz ~ =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you 😃 Definitely keep me in the loop and let me know where you end up and how the writing goes ✨

      Delete
  4. I've missed your blog posts and insightful questions. Are you sure you had to be Chiang Mai to learn these lessons? I find that interesting, as I to have moved around the world a bit in the last few years. I was never sure if it was the place itself that was significant, or the order in which it happened.

    I struggle with these questions surrounding "I am". Most of us are hustling about trying to align with our truth, after following an old truth, sometimes once we get there, our truth decides to change once more. Like going to university to study one thing, of which you're sure, to then decide to go into something else. Trying that for a few years, until stumbling on something new.
    I'm in the process of embracing and living my truth (my truth for right now? My 'actual' truth?!) and it's daunting and worrying and just a bundle of ideas and dreams in the clouds. Now it's time to build the foundations to plant these dreams in reality. Things could go wrong, it might not work out, but if it keeps you up at night and finds its way into every thought, every conversation, every stroll about town or temples, then it's about time we honour it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😄 I do believe places hold energy which can affect the people living there. I also believe one will be drawn to certain places with specific energies in order to meet certain people and learn specific lessons and have specific experiences. So both are true in my experience--order and place.

      I recently took a workshop on Core Values which teaches that as long as our core values are met we will be in alignment with what we are meant to be doing. Core values typically do not change throughout your life. This is actually the topic of my next post, but here is the short version: My top 3 core values are freedom, serenity, and curiosity (followed by spirituality, wisdom, and creativity). As long as I'm Feeling these no matter what I'm doing, I will be in alignment with my truth. If I end up in a situation (work or otherwise) that takes my freedom and serenity away from me, I will no longer be living by my core values or truth.

      So, when we are asked "who are you and what do you do" does your response encompass your top core values? That's where I'm going with this. I hope that makes sense 😊

      Delete